All are Welcome to Enjoy a Free Cookout, Giveaways,
Health Screenings, Education and Much More
When it comes to managing your health, a good dose of education may be just the prescription you need to finally take charge and live your best life.
Carthage Area Hospital is pleased to invite the public to “Your Health, Your Choice,” its 3rd Annual Community Health Fair Saturday, July 22, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Carthage Park, 2 Park Drive, off the east end of Route 3 in Carthage.
Enjoy a fun-filled day of valuable health education, screenings and information for the entire family. Here’s what’s on tap this year:
- Posture and fall screenings with our Physical Therapy Team — know your risks for falls and learn how to maintain a healthy, comfortable posture.
- Body fat analysis with our Clinical Nutrition Team — learn your healthy body mass target and safe weight management through proper nutrition as well as diabetes and nutrition education, including self-management, important numbers to watch, food models, healthy meals and eating.
- Meet the Program Manager for our new Health Home Program and learn how Carthage Area Hospital is linking community and social supports with health care.
- Learn about the hospital’s Community Sharps Program from the CAH Housekeeping Team and receive a free Sharps Container when you visit.
- Enjoy a FREE cookout from our Dietary Services Team, including: hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, mac salad, apples and water.
- Learn how the Carthage Area Hospital Foundation supports the hospital to help deliver quality local health care.
- Children’s activities and giveaways — Visit each booth for a sticker to receive free gifts!
- Insurance information from Martin’s Point Health Care, Fidelis Care, and MVP Health.
It’s “your health, your choice.” The Carthage Community Health Fair is a population health initiative presented by Carthage Area Hospital as a community service and sponsored by WWNY TV 7 and WNYF Fox 28. The event is scheduled to take place rain or shine.
About Carthage Area Hospital
Carthage Area Hospital was established as a not-for-profit rural community hospital in 1965. It operates today as a fully accredited 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, serving approximately 83,000 residents in Jefferson, northern Lewis and southern St. Lawrence counties.
The hospital also operates a network of community-based clinics, including its Family Health Center, Pediatric Clinic and Women’s Way to Wellness and provides a range of specialty care, including general surgery, orthopedics, urology, physical therapy and behavioral health, Visit carthagehospital.com to learn more.