Launching Autumn 2017 — Check Back for Updates
What is Telemedicine?
- Telemedicine seeks to improve a patient’s health by permitting two-way, real time interactive communication between the patient, and the physician or practitioner at the distant site. For Carthage Area Hospital patients, it means wider local access to high-quality specialty care and services that previously required long-distance travel to larger cities to receive.
- In short, Carthage Area Hospital is bringing top-quality medical specialists to you, the patient, with the added convenience of staying local and the peace of mind of respect, safety and compassion that you know and trust at Carthage Area Hospital .
- Telemedicine specialty care means that Carthage area patients no longer have to travel great distances to see a specialist for treatment.
- Peace of mind, knowing that coordination of all your specialty care is managed by the same trusted team you know at Carthage Area Hospital.
- Our telemedicine-based specialty care doctors are each licensed to practice medicine in New York State. Carthage Area Hospital has completed the same credentialing process for each specialist that we do for all members of our medical staff.
- Endocrinology — Pediatric and Adult
- Allergy and Immunology
- Infectious Disease, Pediatric and Adult
How It Works
- Telemedicine-based visits work like any other doctor’s visit, only the specialist providing care is physically located at a distant site and speaking with patients on a monitor. The specialist is still in the room and has reviewed all patient information, records, lab tests or scans.
- During all telemedicine-based visits, patients are accompanied by a nurse, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner while they communicate with a specialist and receive feedback on their care and conditions.
- If the specialist requires the patient to complete additional labs or scans, the patient may conveniently do so on site at Carthage Area Hospital. Hospital staff then communicates test results to the specialist who, like all providers, will review them with the patient .
How To Make An Appointment
- Securing an appointment for specialty care with one of our telemedicine-based doctors is just as easy as making an appointment with a specialist in a traditional office. Simply ask your primary care doctor to refer you to Carthage Area Hospital for your care in the appropriate specialty. Once our referral office has your information, our team will contact you with an appointment for treatment and care at Carthage Area Hospital’s Family Health Center.
Our telemedicine-based specialists participate in most forms of insurance , including TRICARE, Martin’s Point, Medicaid, and Medicare.
- Where: Carthage Area Hospital’s Family Health Center, 117 N. Mechanic St., Carthage, NY 13619
- Phone: (315) 493-4187
- Fax: (315) 493-7227
- Hours of Operation: By appointment during Family Health Center business hours.