CARTHAGE AREA HOSPITAL, INC.
Carthage Area Hospital Billing Office
40 Franklin St., Suite 1A
Carthage, NY 13619
The Patient Accounts Department of Carthage Area Hospital is here to assist patients in resolving any questions they may have regarding their account(s). Carthage Area Hospital participates with most insurance plans. Click here to view the insurance plans that we currently participate with.
The Patient Accounts Department works closely with most third party payers to ensure that the hospital is being reimbursed in accordance with their contracts. We encourage our patients to know and understand their insurance plan’s benefits and to check whether we participate in the specific plan that they are covered by. Costs that are not covered by your insurance plan such as co-pays, deductibles or non-covered benefits will be your responsibility for payment. Co-pays are due when you register for service or admission.
Additionally, the Patient Accounts Department is staffed with a Credentialing Specialist to ensure that our Medical Staff providers are credentialed with all necessary insurance companies. To see a list of our providers, please click here.
As part of the Hospital’s mission we will serve the community needs regardless of ability to pay. The Patient Accounts Department offers financial assistance. If you are in need of insurance coverage or seek guidance in applying for government based insurance, we have joined forces with MVP and Fidelis and have a facilitated enroller on site in the hospital lobby on the 2nd Tuesday of the month with MVP and Thursday mornings with Fidelis.
For all billing questions call 315-565-7580
For information about paying for your care, click paying-for-your-care
Financial Assistance Program:
- Click for Here the Financial Assistance Program Policy
- Click Here for the Financial Assistance Program Application
You can pay your bill by any of the following:
- Mail in a check payment to: Carthage Area Hospital, Inc., 40 Franklin St., Suite 1A, Carthage, NY 13619. Please include your account number(s) on the Memo line.
- Make a debit card or credit card payment over the phone by calling the number on the front of your bill.
- Online payment by Pay Pal is available on the Carthage Area Hospital website. Click here to get started.
- Make a cash, check, or credit card payment in person at the Patient Accounts building, which is located at 40 Franklin St., Suite 1, Carthage, NY 13619.
Upon receipt of your bill, if you identify a discrepancy in your bill, please call the Patient Accounts Department immediately to resolve the issue. We make every attempt to ensure that your bill is correct. You may also contact the Corporate Compliance Department hotline at (315) 493-1005 Ext. 5000 to report any concerns regarding potential Fraud or Abuse.